Wednesday, September 2, 2015

My Plein Air Setup

I thought I'd show my set up for plein air painting. It's working out really well, especially for the smaller paintings. I found an aluminum box that I got some colored pencils in a while back and use that to keep paint in. I really like this Sienna plein air paint box! It's the all-in-one version. (See photo below)
I keep my paints and brushes in the drawer underneath my palette. My palette colors are as follows:
  • Cadmium Yellow Light
  • Cadmium Yellow Lemon
  • Cadmium Red
  • Permanent Rose
  • Alizarin Crimson
  • Cerulean Blue
  • Ultramarine Blue
  • Manganese Violet
  • Burnt Sienna
  • Raw Umber
  • Lots of Titanium White
I use Winsor & Newton's Artisan Oil Painting Medium and Gamsol for my thinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment