Saturday, November 7, 2015

Wheatfields With Cypresses



"Wheatfields with Cypresses" - Vincent Van Gogh - MMA - NYC

I was so fortunate that I was able to visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC last week. I'm so inspired by Karin Jurik's paintings and style, I decided to do my own A to Z paintings but instead of artists, I'm going to do art, meaning titles of paintings, A to Z. I'm going to take some liberties like removing the preposition, a, an, the, otherwise that may be nearly impossible to find. And I'm not going to go in alphabetical order. I'll find a painting I like for a letter and paint it. Yes, it will be a challenge but I love challenges and this will really motivate me to paint every day. I intend to make a book out of the very best ones. 
As I've said in the past, Van Gogh is my very favorite artist. I noticed what a broad appeal he has at the museums. Crowds of people flocked around his paintings, while Gaugin and Pissarro, hung over there all lonely and rejected. I wonder what they would think about that if they were alive today. Of course, Monet's paintings were very popular too.
Click to bid on this painting starting at only $25!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment